Gov. Schwarzenegger Issues Statements On Deaths...

News from the California Department of Veterans Affairs "News For Veterans."
boardman
Site Admin
VVA Chapter: 47

Gov. Schwarzenegger Issues Statements On Deaths...

#1 Postby boardman » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:38 am

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF CAMP PENDLETON MARINE

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Maj. Megan M. McClung of Coupeville, WA:

"Today, we honor Maj. McClung for her courageous service to our nation at home and abroad. Maria and I offer our sincere condolences to Megan's family, friends and fellow Marines as they mourn this extraordinary loss.  Megan's commitment to duty and loyalty to our country reflects her noble character. Her honorable sacrifice will not be forgotten."

McClung, 34, died Dec. 6 as a result of injuries sustained during combat operations in Al Anbar Province, Iraq. She was assigned to I Marine Expeditionary Force Headquarters Group, I MEF, Camp Pendleton, CA.

In honor of Maj. McClung, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

December 15, 2006

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF REDDING SOLDIER

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Spc. Micah S. Gifford of Redding, CA:

"Our heart goes out to Spc. Gifford's family as they suffer the extraordinary loss of their loved one.  Micah was a heroic soldier and a brave leader who fought with determination and dignity.  Maria and I offer our condolences to his family, friends and fellow soldiers."

Gifford, 27, died Dec. 7 as a result of injuries sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near his unit while on patrol during combat operations in Baghdad, Iraq.  He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 509th Infantry Regiment (Airborne), 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division, Fort Richardson, AK.

In honor of Spc. Gifford, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

December 15, 2006

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF CAMP PENDLETON MARINE

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Cpl. Dustin J. Libby of Presque Isle, ME:

"Cpl. Libby answered the high calling of military service courageously serving our country and making the ultimate sacrifice.  Dustin's loved ones have lost a cherished family member and our country has lost a valiant Marine.  Maria and I extend our heartfelt sympathies and will pray for their comfort."

Libby, 22, died Dec. 6 as a result of injuries sustained while conducting combat operations in Al Anbar Province, Iraq.  He was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 4th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, CA.

In honor of Cpl. Libby, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

December 18, 2006

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF THREE MIRAMAR MARINES

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the deaths of Cpl. Matthew V. Dillon of Aiken, SC, Lance Cpl. Budd M. Cote of Marana, AZ and Lance Cpl. Clinton J. Miller of Greenfield, IA:

"The call of duty takes our troops into dangerous situations that require tremendous courage. Cpl. Dillon, Lance Cpl. Budd and Lance Cpl. Miller exemplified that courage and gave their lives to protect our freedoms.  Maria and I wish to express our deepest condolences to Matthew, Budd and Clinton's families as they mourn the extraordinary loss of their loved one.  These brave individuals served our country with valor and they will be remembered as heroes.  Our thoughts and prayers are with their families during this painful time."

Dillon, 25, Cote, 21, and Miller, 23, died Dec. 11 as a result of injuries sustained while conducting combat operations in Al Anbar Province, Iraq.  They were assigned to Marine Wing Support Squadron 373, Marine Wing Support Group 37, 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Marine Corps Air Station, Miramar, CA.

In honor of Cpl. Dillon, Lance Cpl. Cote and Lance Cpl. Miller, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

December 20, 2006

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF LA CRESCENTA SOLDIER

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Spc. Nicholas P. Steinbacher of La Crescenta, CA:

"As a proud member of the United States Army, Spc. Steinbacher set an example of courage and determination that all Californians can admire.  Maria and I send our condolences to Nicholas' loved ones. Our thoughts and prayers are with them."

Steinbacher, 22, died Dec. 10 as a result of injuries sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near his HMMWV in Baghdad, Iraq. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 5th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, TX.

In honor of Spc. Steinbacher, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

December 20, 2006

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF TWENTYNINE PALMS MARINE

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Master Sgt. Brian P. McAnulty of Vicksburg, MS:

"Risking his life to protect his fellow citizens was a duty Master Sgt. McAnulty took on with pride and extraordinary courage.  Maria and I extend our heartfelt sympathies to Brian's family, friends and fellow Marines as they mourn his loss. He will be remembered for his patriotic service."

McAnulty, 39, died Dec. 11 as a result of injuries sustained when the CH-53 helicopter he was riding in crashed just after takeoff in Al Anbar Province, Iraq.  He was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 4th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Twentynine Palms, CA.

In honor of Master Sgt. McAnulty, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

December 27, 2006

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF TWO TWENTYNINE PALMS MARINES

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the deaths of Lance Cpl. Matthew W. Clark of St. Louis, MO and Lance Cpl. Luke C. Yepsen of Kingwood, TX:

"Today, we pay tribute to Lance Cpl. Clark and Lance Cpl. Yepsen, who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.  As we honor Matthew and Luke, Maria and I extend our condolences to their families and pray for their comfort.  Their contributions to our country are the embodiment of selfless service and we will remain forever indebted."

Clark, 22, and Yepsen, 20, died Dec. 14 as a result of injuries sustained from enemy action in Al Anbar Province, Iraq.  Clark was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, 3rd Marine Division, III Marine Expeditionary Force, Kaneohe Bay, HI.  Yepsen was assigned to 1st Tank Battalion, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Twentynine Palms, CA.

In honor of Lance Cpl. Clark and Lance Cpl. Yepsen, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

December 27, 2006

GOVERNOR SCHWARZENEGGER ISSUES STATEMENT ON DEATH OF CAMP PENDLETON MARINE: LANCE CPL. NICKLAS J. PALMER

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger today released the following statement regarding the death of Lance Cpl. Nicklas J. Palmer of Leadville, CO:

“By answering the call of duty, Lance Cpl. Palmer risked his life to protect our country at home and abroad.  Maria and I send our sympathies to Nicklas’ loved ones and our prayers are with them during this difficult time. We are deeply grateful for his service and ultimate sacrifice.”

Palmer, 19, died Dec. 16 as a result of injuries sustained while conducting combat operations in Al Anbar Province, Iraq.  He was assigned to the 1st Combat Engineer Battalion, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, CA.

In honor of Lance Cpl. Palmer, Capitol flags will be flown at half-staff.

California Department of Veterans Affairs

Veterans News

Jerry Jones
Jaime Arteaga
Legislation and Public Affairs
916-653-2192
Fax 916-653-2611
December 27, 2006

NEWS FROM THE CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR’S OFFICE

December 12, 2006

Tom
Boardman & Webmaster